Earn Your GRI Designation Online
Grow your business as a REALTOR® Institute Graduate
The National Association of REALTORS® GRI designation (Graduate, REALTOR® Institute) can help you attract new clients and increase your business. When proudly displaying your GRI Designation, you’ll be recognized by both colleagues and clients as an outstanding real estate professional.
✓ More convenient than ever
You may now take online GRI courses through Continuing Ed Express, or live GRI classes through Minnesota Association of REALTORS®—or a combination of courses from both—and you can complete them in any order.
✓ Earn CEs while you earn your GRI designation
There are 15 required courses, and you’ll choose 5 elective courses from a variety of choices. Each course awards you 3 GRI credits toward the total of a minimum of 60 credits needed to earn your GRI designation. And you’ll get a bonus: each course is also approved for Minnesota real estate continuing education credits, at no additional charge.
✓ GRI is a lifetime designation, with no annual fee
GRI is the only NAR designation with state-specific content and the only one which does not require a yearly fee. You pay a one-time application fee upon completion of your courses and you hold the designation for life. People can search for GRI designees on the Minnesota Association of Realtors website.
If you have questions about classroom GRI or how to fulfill the requirements, contact the Minnesota Association of REALTORS® (MNAR).
According to NAR’s official website:
"Earning a GRI can make a difference in your business and potentially boost your income. REALTORS® with at least one designation:
- Earned a median of $61,000 while those without the designation earned a median income of $33,500, a difference of $27,600. (Source: 2013 NAR Member Profile)
- Reported that they were better able to serve and protect their increasingly sophisticated clients because of their understanding of new technology, laws, and procedures."
Look for the "GRI" tag next to the online courses. The tagged GRI courses offered from ContinuingEdExpress.com
also count for Minnesota real estate continuing education credit.
Applying for your GRI Designation:
Once you are ready to apply for the GRI Designation, the Minnesota REALTORS® will need proof of completion. Please send proof of your GRI course completions to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Once she has determined you’ve completed all coursework within the allotted timeframe, she will follow up with an application and instructions on how to proceed.
Completions can be shown by either:
- Course completion certificates for each course completed toward the designation, or
- A copy of your Course Completion History from Pulse Portal
- Go to www.pulseportal.com;
- Choose "Minnesota Department of Commerce" as a program;
- Choose "Real Estate" as a Board;
- Select "Review Your CE Course Completion History" from the search/inquiry services menu;
- Enter your information
- Choose your license type: either salesperson or broker;
- Click "View/Refresh Report"